National
Date set for ruling on Pakistani rape suspects' case
Publish Date: Sep 02, 2014
Date set for ruling on Pakistani rape suspects' case
Pakistan suspects Ahmed Asahaporo left and Mohammed Wagasa in court docks at Buganda Road court. Photo/Ramadhan Abbey
  • mail
  • img
newvision

By Michael Odeng & Betty Amamukirori
                     
Buganda Road Magistrates’ court has set September 23 as the date for ruling on whether the Pakistani businessmen implicated in the sexual attack of their 23–year- old housemaid have a case to answer
.

Prosecution alleges that the four Pakistani businessmen allegedly confined the victim for three weeks and sexually molested her continuously until she got chance to escape. They also beat the victim whenever she tried to resist their attacks.

The suspects, Ahmed Asahaporo, 31 and Muhammed Wagasa, 23, appeared before chief magistrate Lillian Buchyana Tuesday to answer charges of having canal knowledge against the order of nature (sodomy) and domestic violence.

Meanwhile, two other suspects; Zaheer Muhammed and Sadiq Muhammad are on the run. The suspects have since denied charges preferred against them.

Domestic violence carries a maximum sentence of five years on conviction while sodomy carries life imprisonments.
 
Prosecution led by Lino Anguzu closed its case after presenting six witnesses in court who pinned the suspects.
 
The suspects were arrested by Kiira police on October, 13 2013 on allegations of gang rape at their home in Kiwatule. However, the initial gang rape charges were changed to sodomy by the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).

They were arrested with a valid working permit issued in the names of YUASA motors Limited located at Nakawa Naguru Junction in Kampala. Company works in transport business activities.

The suspects are said to have committed the offence between September and December, 2012 at their home in Kiwatule, a city suburb.

 

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
Popular Rwandan musician tried to Kill Kagame
A Rwandan court on Friday sentenced popular musician Kizito Mihigo to 10 years in prison for conspiracy against the government of strongman President Paul Kagame....
Seven Rwandan Hutu rebels killed in DR Congo fighting
Seven Rwandan rebels have been killed and at least 20 captured in the Democratic Republic of Congo in a government offensive that has widened to include swathes of the country''s southeast, authorities said Sunday....
UN fears hundreds of children kidnapped in South Sudan
The UN children''s agency said Sunday it fears hundreds of boys were kidnapped last month in the northeast of South Sudan, raising suspicions that the abductors were from a pro-government militia....
Uganda
A new national advocacy strategy on population calls for smaller families to address the population growth that is running out of hand if Uganda is to attain economic development....
President Museveni announces new Cabinet
Uganda''s President Yoweri Kaguta announced a new Cabinet on Sunday, with Mary Karooro Okurut appointed Minister of Security....
How General’s ‘field visit’ got murderers arrested
In early February President Museveni paid an impromptu visit to Namayingo and Mayuge during his up country tours...
Do you think government is doing enough to contain the typhoid out break?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter