National
Ex-Cranes manager Mubiru sex clips played in court
Publish Date: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Cranes manager Mubiru sex clips played in court
Video clips shown in closed chambers featured Christoper Mubiru having sex with young boys and girls. PHOTO/Juliet Kasirye
  • mail
  • img
newvision

By Michael Odeng, Godiver Asege & Farooq Kasule

KAMPALA - A series of video clips featuring former Uganda Cranes football manager, Christopher Mubiru Kisingiri, having sex with young boys and girls were shown in court on Thursday.

The footage, displayed in bits and lasting about five minutes within closed chambers, revealed the ex-manager engaged in acts of sodomy.

The video clips were submitted to Buganda road magistrate’s court by Arising for Christ Ministry pastor, Moses Male.

Mubiru was arrested on December 15 last year over the acts and later released on police bond a week later.

Prosecution, led by Lillian Omara, alleges that Mubiru had canal knowledge with a boy “against the order of nature” – sodomy – a crime punishable by 18 years in jail on conviction.
 


If convicted of sodomy, Chris Mubiru will spend 18 years behind bars. PHOTO/Juliet Kasirye

The incident in question is said to have occurred in December 2009 in Mengo, Kampala.

Speaking before court as the second witness, Pastor Male, 56, revealed that the boy confessed to him that Mubiru had sodomized him.

Promises

Court, presided over by Lillian Buchyana, heard that the former national team manager had promised the boy a job abroad, sponsorship, money and cars if he slept with him.

Male said: “Mubiru met the victim and promised to introduce him to his family and take care of him.”

The pastor said the boy and another victim told him what they had gone through during the process of counseling.

The accused, also a former Sports Club Villa manager, turned up in court on Thursday wearing a striped purple shirt and black trousers.
 


Pastor Male brought the sex clips in court on Thursday and testifed against the accused. PHOTO/Juliet Kasirye

According to Male, Mubiru invited one of the victims for a party at his residence in Mengo. After eating and drinking, he told court, the boy lost consciousness, only to wake up hours later with his rear outlet sore and oozing blood.

As he was cross-examined by lawyer Anthony Kaweesi, the city pastor said the victim went for treatment and that was when he was checked and confirmed to have been sodomized.

The victims, he revealed, told him during counseling that they feared to expose Mubiru’s acts because he had told them he had connections with security operatives including soldiers.

It is understood the pastor was approached by the victims after a talk show on local media.

The case was adjourned until August 21 – three weeks away – for further hearing.

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
750 Ugandan Muslims set for pilgrimage to Mecca
The first group fly out on Monday followed by the second on Tuesday. Other groups will leave on Wednesday and Thursday....
Vision Group to sponsor 300 pupils for papal walk
The Vision Group Catholic community will sponsor 300 pupils to participate in the papal charity walk due on October 31....
Civil servants warned against politics
Tororo civil servants are told to remain neutral during the political season to allow them serve their communities without bias....
Make no mistakes during Pope’s visit -Kasingye
The director Interpol, Asan Kasingye has directed security agencies in Busia and Malaba to observe 24-hour surveillance and ensure no mistakes are made ahead of the Pope’s visit....
Cabinet recalls Namulonge land title
Cabinet has recalled a land title on Plot No 9, Block 158 Namulonge, Nakyesasa that has been granted to Premier Roses- a Ruparelia Group of Company, under the chairmanship of city tycoon Sudhir Ruparelia....
Nkozi University takes over Entrepreneural programme
Student Training for Entrepreneurial Promotion programme (STEP), which has been running at Uganda Martyrs’ University, Nkozi was on Thursday handed over to the University....
Are poor parliamentary debates a result of removal of school debates?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter