World
All bodies removed from main MH17 crash site in Ukraine
Publish Date: Jul 20, 2014
All bodies removed from main MH17 crash site in Ukraine
Employees of the Ukrainian State Emergency Service look at the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 two days after it crashed in a sunflower field near the village of Rassipnoe, in rebel-held east Ukraine on Thursday. (AFP)
  • mail
  • img
newvision

GRABOVE - Scores of bodies that had been gathered at the main Ukraine crash site of Malaysian plane MH17 have been removed, an AFP reporter on the scene said on Sunday.

Pro-Russian rebels who had been guarding the impact site also appeared to have left, with about a dozen stretchers, paper masks and plastic gloves abandoned at the scene.

Poles marking locations where bodies had been found in the field have also been removed.


Messages and flowers are kept on a table during a Buddhist prayer for the victims of the crash in Kuala Lumpur. (AFP)

Local emergency crews, who were also absent from the site Sunday, declined comment when contacted by telephone but said that the separatists would be releasing an official statement later.

European security body OSCE said Saturday evening that 55 body bags and 55 markings indicating human remains were seen at the site.

AFP

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
Prince William and wife Kate expecting second child
PRINCE William and his wife Kate's second child, who will be fourth in line to the British throne, is due in April, an official statement said...
Heavily armed gunmen freed some 300 inmates from a prison in eastern Congo on Saturday...
Ebola is
Aid agency Oxfam said Ebola could become the "definitive humanitarian disaster of our generation", as US President Barack Obama urged against "hysteria" in the face of the growing crisis....
Ebola death toll shoots past 4,500 mark
THE death toll in the world's worst-ever Ebola outbreak has shot past 4,500, killing at least half of the more than 9,000 people infected...
Berlusconi paid for sex,he didn
Italy's former prime minister Sivlio Berlusconi did have sex with an exotic dancer nicknamed "Ruby the Heart Stealer"...
Obama authorizes reservists for Ebola fight in W.Africa
President Barack Obama on Thursday authorized the Pentagon to send reservists to take part in a US mission to combat the Ebola epidemic in West Africa....
Do Ugandan tycoons prepare their children to take over their business empires?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter