World
'We know where missing girls are': Nigeria's top military officer
Publish Date: May 26, 2014
'We know where missing girls are': Nigeria's top military officer
  • mail
  • img
newvision

Abuja (AFP) - Nigeria's highest ranking military officer, Chief of Defence Staff Alex Badeh, on Monday said they had located more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants.

"The good news for the girls is that we know where they are but we cannot tell you," Air Chief Marshal Badeh told reporters outside Defence Headquarters in the capital Abuja after speaking to protesters.

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
Burundi warns army could be called out over protests
Burundi's government warned Monday it could call out the army if protests escalate over controversial plans by President Pierre Nkurunziza to defy a two-term limit and seek re-election....
Distress call from
The International Organization for Migration said Monday it had received a distress call from a sinking boat in the Mediterranean carrying more than 300 people, with at least 20 people reported dead....
White House fence climber arrested
US Secret Service agents arrested an intruder who scaled the White House fence late Sunday, officials said. The individual was immediately arrested while climbing the fence on the south side of the presidential mansion, Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary said in a statement....
EU ministers headed Monday into crisis talks under pressure to confront people-smuggling gangs, with more than 700 people feared dead in what may be the Mediterranean's deadliest migrant disaster to date....
Zimbabwe evacuates nationals from South Africa
ZIMBABWE is evacuating its nationals caught in anti-foreigner violence that has left scores dead in South Africa...
S.Africa vows crackdown against xenophobic attacks
SOUTH Africa on Sunday vowed to hunt down those behind a wave of attacks targeting immigrants, saying 307 people had been arrested over violence that has left at least seven people dead...
Should African countries expel South Africans?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter