Entertainment
Suit filed in death of 'Fast and Furious' actor Paul Walker
Publish Date: May 13, 2014
Suit filed in death of 'Fast and Furious' actor Paul Walker
Actor Paul Walker died in November aged 40, in a high-speed car crash in California. PHOTO/AFP/Getty Images
  • mail
  • img
newvision

WASHINGTON - The widow of the man who was driving a sports car when it crashed, killing him and "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker last year, is suing Porsche.

The suit filed Monday alleges the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT the two men were in did not have a proper crash cage or safety features in the gas tank. The suit said these would have saved both men.

Walker had completed much of his part in filming "Fast and Furious 7" before he died in November aged 40, in a high-speed car crash in California.

The suit was filed by Kristine Rodas, wife of the late driver Roger Rodas, in the Los Angeles County Superior Court.

A failure in the car's suspension system forced it to swerve out of control and hit trees while driving in Santa Clarita, California, according to the suit filed by Rodas.

"The Carrera GT was unsafe for its intended use by reason of defects in its manufacture, design, testing, component and constituents, so that it would not safely serve its purpose," states the lawsuit.

It seeks unspecified damages from Porsche Cars North America.

In January, coroners said the car carrying Walker and his friend was doing over 100 miles (160 kilometers) per hour.

After Walker's death, studio giant Universal suspended filming, before delaying the release date for the film, originally scheduled for this summer.

The film is now due to be released on April 10, 2015 in the United States.

The first "Fast and Furious" movie appeared in 2001. The series, with its focus on fast cars, tough guys, sexy starlets and exotic locales, is one of Hollywood's most successful global franchises.

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
Excitement as Urban TV crew tours Soroti town
The leading youth television in Uganda, Urban Television, is in Soroti town meeting with youth and interacting with communities in the four divisions...
Sudanese Model Ataui Deng disappears in New York
Ataui Deng, a Sudanese who has worked with some of the world's top designers, has gone missing in New York, police said Monday....
Ebonies, Radio and Weasel set off for UK shows
The Ebonies have set off for their UK tour, which has been in the works for several months now....
The "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" remained in top spot at the North American box office this weekend, outmuscling the latest installment of Sylvester Stallone''s geriatric "Expendables"....
Amon Lukwago opens up about Keron, Juliana
I want like 20 kids. I have seen the dangers of having only one child. It is going to take me some time to heal....
Bieber to plead guilty in drag racing case
Justin Bieber will plead guilty to lesser charges following his arrest for driving under the influence in Miami last January, a local newspaper reported...
Will strict traffic laws reduce road accidents?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter