• No_Ads
Sport
Mulindwa resignation was expected - FUFAPublish Date: Jan 09, 2014
Mulindwa resignation was expected - FUFA
  • mail
  • img
Rogers Mulindwa is at odds with FUFA president Moses Magogo. Phot by Mpalanyi Ssentongo
newvision

By Swalley Kenyi

FUFA has said that resignation of its spokesman of eight years Rogers Mulindwa was expected because the official had been advised to choose between serving either the secretariat or the assembly and not both.

In a statement issued by chief executive Edgar Watson, the federation noted that although they were yet to be officially informed of Mulindwa’s resignation, FUFA is not surprised by the decision.

The statement said that under the FUFA statute, Mulindwa illegally held two offices at the federation and had been asked to relinquish one.  

“The federation is in the process of synchronising the status of persons that hold dual responsibility against the FUFA statute. The FUFA human resource manual as amended does not permit this dual responsibility,” the statement said in part.

“Indeed Mr. Rogers Mulindwa received communication…to decide which of the two positions he preferred. Mulindwa is yet to officially respond to this call as well,” the statement added in another part.

Rogers Mulindwa hitherto served as the FUFA spokesman, delegate for Buganda Region, CECAFA spokesperson and member of the CAF Media committee.

On Thursday afternoon, he issued a statement saying that he could no longer work under FUFA president Moses Magogo whose ‘focus seems to differ so much from the foundation and the objectives we laid’ during (Lawrence) Mulindwa's regime.

FUFA said that Mulindwa’s accusations against Magogo’s administration were incorrect, baseless and personal opinion that should be treated with contempt.

In a rare decision compared to his predecessors at FUFA House, Rogers Mulindwa has maintained that he will not ‘whatsoever join any negative forces in fighting baseless battles that affect football development.”

He said, "I wish to thank the current president...for giving me an opportunity to work with him and urge him to look back at our old efforts of prioritizing football against individual interests."

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
UVF receives 600m NSSF cash boost
UGANDA Volleyball Federation unveiled their biggest corporate sponsorship deal yesterday with the president Sadik Nasiwu promising to clampdown on what he called saboteurs...
Nile Breweries renews USPA sponsorship
THE new deal that takes effect immediately will have USPA getting sh460m until 2016 from the brewers. The old deal had that scribes’ body getting sh408m over three years...
Odeke, Mubiru off to Ireland
BUDDING heavyweight Kenneth Odeke is poised for better things after landing a four month training stint in Belfast, Ireland...
MUBS have league summit in sight
MUBS have the chance to top Group A of the Nile Special University Football League when they confront Mbarara University of Science and Technology in Western Uganda today...
Mbale to host Uganda Cup final
URA, SC Victoria University and Jinja Municipal Council are the teams that have already secured places in the semi-final. KCC FC square off with Lweza FC for the other remaining slot on Friday...
SCVU cleared for Nile Basin Cup
LOCAL football governing body FUFA has cleared Sports Club Victoria University (SCVU) to represent the country in the CECAFA Nile Basin Cup winners’ Cup...
Is the return of Buganda Properties a sign of good Governance?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter