today's Pick
FUFA spokesperson Rogers Mulindwa resigns
Publish Date: Jan 09, 2014
FUFA spokesperson Rogers Mulindwa resigns
FUFA spokesperson Rogers Mulindwa has announced his resignation.
  • mail
  • img
newvision

By Emmanuel Luganda

KAMPALA - Rogers Mulindwa, the spokesperson of the Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) has resigned, he said in a statement on Thursday.

In the statement, Mulindwa says that the eight years he has served in that position is enough for him to quit.

His decision to step down comes only seven months after former FUFA boss Lawrence Mulindwa threw in the towel as well in June last year, and was replaced by Moses Magogo.

Rogers Mulindwa says he cannot continue to work under Magogo's administration whose "focus seem to differ so much from the foundation and the objectives we laid" during (Lawrence) Mulindwa's regime.

But he maintains that he will not “whatsoever join any negative forces in fighting baseless battles that affect football development”.

Despite his exit from the position, Mulindwa says he will remain serving as  FUFA delegate, Cecafa spokesperson or as a member of the CAF Media committee.

In the statement in which he says football “must be treated bigger than individuals”, Mulindwa says he will continue supporting the game.

Until today, he had served in that position since December 17, 2005.

Mulindwa also advises the current president Moses Magogo to strive towards putting Uganda's football ahead of individual interests.

He says: " i wish to thank the current president ... for giving me an opportunity to work with him and urge him to look back at our old efforts of prioritizing football against individual interests."

He plans to officially hand over the office in the next two weeks, or "at any convenient time as I may be advised by FUFA Chief Executive Officer (CEO)".

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
ICC releases four DR Congo war crimes suspect aides
The International Criminal Court on Tuesday ordered the interim release of four suspects in former Congolese vice president Jean-Pierre Bemba's case to avoid their pre-trial detention becoming "disproportionate"....
Museveni calls for political mobilization against Ebola
PRESIDENT Yoweri Museveni has expressed sadness at the loss of lives in West Africa due to the Ebola outbreak and said that the people of Uganda stand with their brothers and sisters...
Minister orders musician’s arrest over x-rated video
IRRITATED by the recently released X-rated music video of little known city singer Panadol Extra, Fr. Simon Lokodo, the Minister of Ethics and Integrity, ordered the arrest of the singer...
THE highly contagious Ebola virus, which has killed more than 4,500 people in west Africa since December and has fueled global alarm...
Ugandan rebels spread fear with DR Congo massacres
You sent soldiers to wipe us out, but here we are." That was the chilling message from Ugandan rebels during the latest massacre in the northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo, according to one survivor...
Mbabazi steps aside as NRM secretary general
National Resistance Secretary General, Amama Mbabazi, has taken leave of absence from office....
Do Ugandan tycoons prepare their children to take over their business empires?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter