Welthungerhilfe (Ex-AAA) is an International German NGO carrying out humanitarian activities in the Great Lakes Region.
For the implementation of the project “Road Rehabilitation in Haut-Uélé, D.R. Congo” funded by USAID, the Bunia office through its country office, Kampala is inviting competent firms, companies and individuals to participate in an open tender procedure by presenting their offers for new or unused equipment mentioned below:
Around 8 ton operating weight, around 60 KW engine;
• With general purpose loader bucket and heavy duty backhoe bucket;
• Inclusive, operation and spare part manual in English and/ or French;
• Consumables for 12 months of operation should be stated separately;
• Training of 2 operators and 1 chef mechanic in DRC (in Dungu, 350 km
from Arua) in French or Swahili should be stated separately;
• Transport costs to Dungu, DRC should be stated separately.
Other Documents / information:
• Covering letter signed by the legal representative, expressing the interest in participation;
• Applicants shall provide unit price in US-Dollar (USD) or Uganda Shilling (UGX) only;
• Details about country of origin of machines offered;
• Technical parameters, warranty period and kind of after sale service shall be mentioned;
• Indication of the guaranteed delivery time after the confirmation of the order, including any special condition or constrain;
• Conditions of payment;
• Copy of VAT registration form;
• Company profile.
• All goods are for delivery to Welthungerhilfe Dungu, DR Congo;
• Delivery schedule will be negotiated and fixed in order. In the event of delay in delivery caused other than by force majeure Welthungerhilfe is entitled to make use of a penalty of 2/1000 per day of the total value of the consignment still to be delivered. The penalty will be deducted from the invoice.
The tender must be valid for 30 days at minimum. Quotations must specify all details according to the tender text. Incomplete offers and offers that arrive later than the deadline for reply will be automatically excluded.
All responses will be opened by the Welthungerhilfe tender committee. Welthungerhilfe will define and communicate only to the successful bidder.
Completed applications in sealed plain envelopes should arrive at the below mentioned address by April 12, 2013, 12.00 noon.
Welthungerhilfe (Ex-German Agro Action), Country Office DR Congo
P.O. Box 30431, Kampala – Uganda
Plot 258, Lubbobbo Close, Muyenga, Kampala.
And marked “TENDER FOR MACHINE – COD 1092-002 USAID”
Additional information and any other clarification can be obtained by contacting:
Welthungerhilfe Country Office Kampala; Tel: +256 414 501 203, +256 312 202 107
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org