1.0 In accordance with Regulation 120, of the PPDA Regulations 2003, Statutory Instrument No. 70, Procuring and Disposing Entities are required to develop a short list of providers from which bidders are obtained to bid.
2.0 The Uganda Blood Transfusion Service (UBTS), in pursuance to the above regulation invites suitably qualified and competent firms for pre-qualification. UBTS shall then develop a list of suppliers to provide various categories of Goods, Services and Works for THREE Financial Years 2013/14 - 2015/16 as per the PPDA Regulations 2003.
3.0 The categories of Goods, Services and Works to be provided are as indicated below:
1. Supply of Medical Equipment & Spare parts.
2. Supply of Chemicals & Laboratory Consumables
3. Supply of Blood Testing Kits
4. Supply of Blood Donor Refreshments.
5. Supply of New Motor Vehicles.
6. Supply of New Motorcycles.
7. Supply of Uniforms, badges & Bed sheets.
8. Supply of Medical Sundries & Toiletries
9. Supply of general office stationery and printed stationery.
10. Supply of Computer consumables, software, hardware & accessories.
11. Supply of Furniture, curtains, nettings, window blinds, carpets.
12. Supply of Computers, Printers, Photocopiers & Fax machines.
13. Supply of Batteries, Tyres, Rims and Tubes.
14. Supply of Air conditioners
15. Supply of New Generators & spare parts.
16. Supply of Tents &Tarpaulins
17. Supply of Computer Labels.
18. Electrical and Installation Works
19. Mechanical and Installation works
20. Civil works
21. Provision of Computer & IT maintenance & servicing.
22. Cold Chain Maintenance.
23. Clearing & Forwarding services
24. Engraving Services.
25. Provision of Air ticketing and Travel Services.
26. Infectious Waste Management
27. Provision of Courier and Document Delivery Services.
28. Provision of Office Cleaning, Fumigation, Pest Control.
29. Provision of Consultancy services.
30. Provision of Canteen services.
31. Provision of General Auctioneering Services.
32. Provision of Servicing, Repairs of Motor Vehicles and Motorcycles.
33. Provision of Hotel and Conference facilities
34. Repair & Maintenance of furniture & fittings
35. Provision of Plumbing services.
36. Maintenance and Servicing of Generators.
37. Repair & Maintenance of Laboratory Equipment.
4.0 Interested Firms may obtain further information and inspect the prequalification documents at the office of the Procurement and Disposal Unit address below between 8:30am to 4:00pm on official working days.
5.0 A complete set of prequalification documents maybe purchased by interested bidders upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Ushs. 50,000/= (Uganda shillings Fifty thousand only) for EACH item applied for. Bank advice forms maybe obtained from the Blood Bank Accounts Section.
6.0 Applicants should submit THREE copies (one Original and two copies of Pre-qualification Documents) in sealed envelopes clearly marked: ”Pre-Qualification Document for the Provision of ….” (mention the Goods, Services or Works) and indicate the Procurement Reference No. UBTS/GDS/SRVS/WRKS/2013-16/000003, addressed and delivered to the office below not later than March 19, 2013.
The Procurement and Disposal Unit
Uganda Blood Transfusion Service
Nakasero Hill Road
P.O. Box 1772,
Tel: 256-41-4-257 155, 259 195
The planned procurement schedule (subject to changes) is as follows:
Publish bid notice
February 18, 2013
March 19, 2013
March 20-22, 2013
March 25-April 04, 2013
Display & communication to providers
April 05, 2013