National
Three arrested over Masaka family massacre
Publish Date: Oct 12, 2012
Three arrested over Masaka family massacre
The hole that thugs drilled in Ssentezas house before they slaughtered him with his family. File photo
  • mail
  • img
newvision


By Vision Reporter

Security operatives have arrested three suspects in connection to the brutal murder of a family of five in Kyanamukaaka Sub-county in Masaka.

Southern regional Police spokesperson Noah Serunjogi identified the suspects in custody as Yazid Muto, 32 and Yasin Matovu both Tabliqs.

Police also arrested Wilson Mugambe, a close friend to the deceased.

“This horrible incident has led to the arrest of two suspects but Police sniffer dogs failed to locate the suspects as residents had already trampled at the scene,” Sserunjogi said.

He said Mugambe had resisted arrest claiming he was innocent, but was later subdued.

Last week thugs raided the home of George William Ssenteza, 25, in Kitafali Village, Kyanamukaaka and butchered him along with his wife Ruth Nakate and their three children Phiona Nalumansi,8, Emmanuel Ssenteza, 4 and an unidentified one-year old boy.

Preliminary investigations showed that the family’s death could have been connected to land wrangles since nothing of the deceased’s property was taken by the assailants.

A spate of horrifying murders has recently rocked Masaka. On September 31, a woman, Christine Nakafeero , 53,  and  her son Hakim  Kato, 17, a primary seven pupil, both residents   of Kyesiiga village in  Kyanamukaaka  Sub-county were slaughtered in their house.

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
Museveni commissions sh5.8b technical institute
President Yoweri Museveni has commissioned a sh5.8b technical institute in Kamuli district....
A call for a ban on Waragi sold in sachets
The leaders of West Nile region have been urged to put a ban on Waragi sold in sachets, with death, poor health and poor school performance given as reasons for the action....
Male teachers in Kibuku, Pallisa sharing latrines with girls
Male teachers in Kibuku and Pallisa districts share pit latrines with girls, a survey released recently shows....
Compulsory national service for S.6 leavers
The National Planning Authority wants compulsory national service for all S.6 leavers to be an integral component of Uganda’s NDP II....
Burundi rivals hold talks to ease pre-vote tensions
Burundi''s ruling party has said it is "ready for compromise" with the opposition to ensure peaceful elections, as warnings mount of the risk of violence in the upcoming key polls....
Kaye’s ruling set for next week
The General Court Martial is expected to deliver a ruling in a case in which, Lt. Col. John Kaye, is accused of murder and conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline on February 5....
Will a ban on Waragi sold in sachets reduce consumption of Alcohol?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter