Results from the Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) have demystified the strange disease that early this week led to the death of a 20-year-old female in Luweero.
According to a statement from the ministry of health, the female who suffered high fever, dizziness and blood secretions from her ears and mouth died from high levels of carboxyhemoglobin, as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
There are currently three female cases admitted at Bishop Asili hospital, Luweero. However, results from UVRI indicate that all cases were negative for Ebola, Marburg, Congo Crimean hemorrhagic fever, Rift Valley fever and Sosuga viruses.
“The ministry of health team is working closely with the District Health Team to monitor, review and manage these cases as well as orienting health workers on management and referral protocols of suspected cases,” reads the statement.