By Luke Kagiri
One person died and three others survived with injuries when their house set a blaze while they were sleeping.
The incident took place at Kamusenene village in Kiganda sub county Mubende district on Monday night.
Charles Ndamanyire, the CID chief at Mubende police station said that, they were still investigating to establish the identity of the deceased as the body had been burnt beyond recognition. He said the three injured were children who sustained minor injuries.
He said two people were living in the same house, and three children were sleeping in the boys quarters.
The two in the main house were Steven Baguma, the head of the family and his close friend Fred Kinyenje with whom he had lived with for the past two months.
“When the residents saw the fire, they rushed to the scene and rescued the children, however, we are still trying to find out who took the second person to the hospital and where, One of the two men died and the body was burnt to ashes,” Ndamanyire said.
Police had earlier suspected that the injured person was taken to Mityana hospital but when we visited this hospital he was not there.
He said Baguma had last year developed misunderstandings with his wife Janet Kanziire and they separated. Since then, he has been living with the children until of recent when Kinyenje went and stayed with him.
Richard Ssemiyingo, the LC 3 chairperson of Kiganda sub county said that Baguma and his wife had gone to the sub county court for help in vain and then to the magistrate court.
The court ordered that the two should share the properties and was due to be shared on Wednesday.
“He may have done it intentionally, as he never wanted to share the property with his former wife,” Ssemiyingo said.
Some of the children who spoke to The Newvision said that, they suspect that their father might have intentionally burned down the house kill to have them killed.
“He has been always warning us that one day, he will burn all of us in the house, and it is not surprising that it has happened. Before we went to bed, I heard him talking about buying petrol, but I did not know why he wanted it,” Emma Tebajukira, one of the children said.
Fill in your Name and Email Address to receive a Free Newsletter
One dies and three injured in house fire.