By Henry Nsubuga
A mother and her three children on Tuesday night sustained severe burns in a fire that gutted her house.
The victims are Betty Nanyonga, a resident of Wantoni-Kitega village in Mukono Municipality and her three children, Jemima Namubiru, Treva Mubiru and Kevin Mubiru.
Daisy Nakawooya, a neighbour said the fire started at around 10:00pm when a young girl among the victims put a burning charcoal stove in the house.
The mother sustained burns when she rushed into the house to rescue her children
Nakawooya added that the girl placed the charcoal stove near the sofa set which ignited.
"The other children were already asleep and she also joined them before the fire started and the mother, who was outside by that time noticed. She made the alarm which attracted neighbours who helped to put it out," she said.
The area chairperson, George Bbengo said that the victims were rushed to a nearby fire clinic and got first aid.
Fill in your Name and Email Address to receive a Free Newsletter
We are not militarizing agriculture-Govt